dinsdag 25 januari 2011

Workshop fun

Today was a treat. Guess who was in Amsterdam to give a workshop at Birdblocks quiltshop?


 Yes, it's Sarah Fielke! She's in the Netherlands to promote her Dolly Quilts project and today she was here in Amsterdam. Sarah must have had a very busy week, but she didn't show it. She's a very sweet lady. And she was a guest blogger on the Birdblocks blog today!
Thank you Elly for taking and sending me the above picture!





The workshop today was a dolly quilt called Geese around the world. I'm not a fast paper piecer and I probably chatted a bit too much, so I didn't get very far. I'll try to finish the top soon, as I'm very eager to see how my round of geese will turn out.

This quilt is actually a project from Sarah's new, soon to be published book: Quilting: from little things'. The book showcases 10 quilting techniques. For every technique, there will be a small and a large quilt pattern. This way the quilter can try the technique on a small quilt first and see if she likes it enough to make a big quilt. This sounds like a good idea to me and from the few pages I've seen, I think this book will be a great addition to my collection. Sarah's quilts are always so full of color and whimsy, and I enjoy the inspiration.

Tomorrow, it's back to work for me. Today, I had an absolute blast. Let's do this again soon. Very soon.

4 opmerkingen:

inge zei

leuk dat je zo'n fijne dag had! leuke foto!

Shirley zei

Wat een geweldige foto, jullie staan er heel goed op, beiden, en dat zie je niet vaak. Wat een leuke dag, en wat een enige Dollyquilt gaat dat weer worden. Ben je ook al verder gegaan aan je Sleepy Hollow quilt? Is ook een mooi van eenvoud quilt, lekker om al je scraps/stash iin weg te werken.

katrien zei

Fijne dag met leuke ontmoeting.

Yvonne aka sommeke zei

Beetje laat hier ...
Dat was zeker een fijne dag, las er al over bij Merel en Elly!
En? Hoe gaat het met de scheve apllecores? In de kast, helemaal vergeten? Ocharme toch! ;-)))