maandag 15 maart 2010

How wonderful it is to have friends on the net to welcome you to a new adventure! Thank you Yvonne, Kathie, Katrien and Inge for responding to my very first blog entry!

Did you notice I sort of cheated with the picture of the antique quilt? When I took the picture, the flying geese borders hadn't been sewn on yet. However, I took care of that on Saturday and even went on to cut lots of diamonds and triangles for the zig zag border that is next.

I don't know about you, but cutting diamonds, especially odd sizes, requires me to keep extra focussed on the job. Cutting fabric is not my favorite part of quilting anyway, so I usually limit myself to an hour or so of cutting at a time. I find this saves on wrist pain as well. If I only remembered stuff like that more often, LOL!

Anyway, I cut all diamonds and almost all triangles necessary and don't they look good?


I'll get busy sewing this border the next couple of days. I like the look of this quilt so much, I want to see how this zig zag border turns out.

4 opmerkingen:

Guute zei

Marion uit Amsterdam: ik ken er maar eentje! Van harte welkom in het blogwereldje! Je antieke ziet er al fantastisch uit!

Birdblocks zei

jammie kleurtjes weer, het wordt een beauty!

Yvonne aka sommeke zei

Zit ik stomweg naar je kopfoto te staren ... en jij hebt het natuurlijk over je antieke!
Haaaa, die wordt mooi!

inge zei

super! die antieke zal wel een stukje groeien tijdens het quiltweekend! veel plezier alvast!