zaterdag 14 september 2013

Hi, remember me?

Wow, it's been a long time since I last blogged... so much has happened, there's no way to tell you about everything. And I'm sure you wouldn't want to read about it all, either - LOL!

I'll just give you some of the highlights: in April of 2011 I had gastric bypass surgery. Everything went smoothly and I lost over 55 kilograms (or 121 lbs). Life sure feels a lot lighter these days ;-)


In October 2011 I visited Houston and the International Quilt Festival. I had a blast! It was huge and the quality of the works in the show was just amazing. The Quilter's Market was really good, too. It was hard, but I didn't blow the budget. Yes, I'm still proud of that!

About a year ago, I changed jobs and moved house. It was a hectic time, but so worth it. I'm enjoying my new job and home. I have much more space now and have been able to take in a second cat, Douwe. He's quite shy with strangers, but very sweet and he and Bennie get along swimmingly. I'm so glad about that!



For a while, with the new job, the move and DIY-projects, I hardly had time or energy for quilting. Lately however, I have managed to get in some quilting time. I figured the best way to get back in the groove would be to start a new quilt! I chose a simple pattern from Quiltville: Bricks and Stepping Stones. The top took me only a couple of weeks to make and today I layered the quilt. Here's a sneak peek:


Because of the wet weather, I couldn't take pictures outside and the light inside was crappy. So the colors in this picture are really washed out. Hopefully when the quilt is finished, I'll be able to get some better pics. That should give me some time to wait for better weather - LOL!

Did you notice that wall in the background? It's a DIY-project stuck in UFO-status. Luckily I'm in no hurry as this is just the attic :)

However, this project is no longer a UFO. Last weekend I finished my Sleepy Hollow-inspired quilt. I started it almost three years ago (and blogged about it here). I think the quilt turned out very well. Plus it's wonderfully drapey and warm because of the 90% silk batting. As for size, I haven't measured the quilt after I washed it, but the triangles are almost 4" high.





I hope to get back to blogging more regularly. A couple of times a month should work. Thanks for dropping by and happy quilting!

3 opmerkingen:

Marj zei

Glad that you are back and settled so that you can quilt again. The new Kitty is very cute. Love the quilts and your new self Congratulations on the healthy change that you made.

Anoniem zei

Je ziet er super uit.
Wat leuk dat je er een kat bij hebt genomen.
Mooie quiltprojecten

inge zei

welkom terug in blogland en tot binnen 14dagen in nieuwkerke! ik zie er enorm naar uit!